Big Tiny, The Storytelling Centre Limited
Fri, 1 June 2018
11:00am – 8:00pm
Front Yard, The Arts House (Map)
Free with registration
Recommended for ages 3 and above
All children must be accompanied by an adult throughout
The perfect place for storytelling for all ages! Story House is a cosy, intimate space sponsored by Big Tiny for StoryFest 2018. Come explore selected storytelling books, puppets and resources as you gather with friends and family inside this special space. Reconnect with the power of listening as you hear stories told. Discover sharing your own stories through simple story games and story cards.
Story House is a free public activity that encourages everyone, both big and small and young and old to sit down, gather as a community and share the beauty and wonder of storytelling. Ignite your imaginations and #BeLegendary!
- Story House can only accept small groups of people for each session: 12 – 15pax depending on ages.
- All visitors must queue in an orderly manner and wait for their turn to enter the Story House.
- Footwear, bags and bulky items must be removed and placed outside the Story House.
- Food and beverage is not permitted inside the Story House.
- Each facilitated session (storytelling, games, craft etc) is limited to 20mins.
- Safety is priority – patrons who pose a threat to others safety or to the structure, will be asked to leave the Story House.
- StoryFest is not responsible for any loss or damages of belongings.
- StoryFest is not responsible for any accident or personal injury occurring in or around the Story House.
PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO RECORDING RULES:
- Unauthorized video and audio recording is not permitted for this event.
- Photography without flash and without disrupting the artists/event is permitted within reason.
- All patrons are required to register for admission.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult throughout.
- Subject to weather conditions – organiser reserves the right to cancel the programme.
Founded in March 2017, Big Tiny is the first company in Singapore to integrate the concept of “tiny houses” with eco-tourism. “Tiny houses” are part of an international trend of simplifying lives by reducing the size, and therefore the resource consumption, of homes without sacrificing quality of life. Currently there are no definite measurements that qualifies a tiny house – however any residential structure under 46sqm is generally accepted to be a “tiny house”.
Big Tiny takes this one step further by placing its beautifully designed compact homes on wheels in spectacular rural settings – amplifying the benefits of the “tiny house” movement by pairing the advantages of a thoughtfully efficient abode with the recharging potential of an intimate connection with Mother Nature.
The brainchild of three Singaporean entrepreneurs, Big Tiny stems from a desire to 1) offer the city dweller a chance to experience the perfect escape from a hectic, digitally-laden lifestyle; and 2) enable anyone to have a part in this new way of living.